WordPress Developer Position
BLKDG is a digital agency based in Denver, focused on developing and designing multi-channel solutions that enable brands and customers to interact with each other. We are a team of designers, builders, planners, creators and collaborators, serving brands all over the country.
- Prepare assets from design files (usually Sketch, though knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is also needed)
- Set up and execute development in a local environment (Vagrant).
- Use our base starter theme, version control, and staging server for project consistency and continuity
- Build the project following the provided design comps, pushing database changes to staging and code to version control regularly.
- Deploy the completed site to the production server, maintaining the integrity of the code base as required, over time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing mobile-first responsive websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Proficient understanding of GIT and version control in general
- Familiarity with package managers like Composer, NPM, & Bower
- Familiarity with task runners like Webpack, Gulp & Grunt
- Understanding of PHP & how the language is used within the WordPress environment
- Comfortability with custom back-end PHP development & working with MySQL
- Minimum of 2 years working with PHP
Nice To Have Skills
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields
- Familiarity with Component Based Development practices
- Familiarity with React
- Familiarity with Vagrant & setting up a LAMP stack
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
Please email ej [at] blkdg.com with resumé & cover letter.
Wordpress SEO Strategy | Go Beyond the Yoast SEO Plugin
If there is ever a time to look far beyond the common Wordpress SEO tools, such as Yoast SEO Plugin, 2018 is the year. All things considered, the Yoast plugin…